The Credit Register is a state information system managed by Latvijas Banka.
The operation of the Credit Register is governed by the Law on Credit Register and Latvijas Banka's "Regulation for the Credit Register" and the "Regulation for Electronic Information Exchange with Latvijas Banka".
A Credit Register participant is an economic operator providing financial services in Latvia associated with credit risks or taking over credit claims in Latvia arising from the provision of financial services associated with credit risks, where it is one of the following economic operators:
- a credit institution registered in Latvia and equivalent economic operator registered in another country that has opened a branch in Latvia;
- a commercial company registered in Latvia and having close links with the credit institution registered in Latvia, as defined by the Law on Credit Institutions, or an equivalent economic operator registered in another country;
- an economic operator registered in another country and having close links with the credit institution registered in Latvia, as defined by the Law on Credit Institutions, or an equivalent economic operator registered in another country that has opened a branch in Latvia;
- a credit union registered in Latvia;
- an economic operator registered in Latvia and entitled to make insurance and equivalent economic operator registered in another country that has opened a branch in Latvia;
- a state capital company, registered in Latvia, established and operating as a joint stock company and fulfilling a special task – implementing state development and aid programmes.
Credit Register participant with restricted status (hereinafter, a restricted Credit Register participant) is an economic operator that has lost a Credit Register participant's status and has entered data on the customer's obligations or customer guarantor's obligations in the Credit Register, where such obligations have not been terminated or the rights and obligations or credit claims arising from the customer agreement or customer guarantor's agreement have not been transferred to other person.
In order to initiate the exchange of information in the Credit Register, the Credit Register participant shall perform the following duties:
1) sign an agreement on electronic signing. It is necessary to conclude a single agreement for all types of information exchange with Latvijas Banka, including information exchange within the framework of the Credit Register, for submission of statistical reports and within the payment systems framework;
2) submit information to Latvijas Banka on outstanding liabilities on the date of the receipt of the status of a Credit Register participant (it is necessary for Latvijas Banka to calculate the fee for using the Credit Register in accordance with Latvijas Banka's Regulation for the Credit Register);
3) take measures to access the Credit Register system – register IP addresses and at least two supervisors who will carry out managing measures (registration, cancellation, renewal and change of access rights of the users of advanced security systems, including the Credit Register, file exchange service user registration and cancellation and the maintenance of their IP addresses from which the participant logs into the advanced security system and file exchange service). IP addresses shall be registered with the Security System of Latvijas Banka or submitted to Latvijas Banka as a written application for the registration of IP addresses (Appendix 1 to the "Regulation for Electronic Information Exchange with Latvijas Banka"). In order to register a supervisor, a written application for the registration of a supervisor (Appendix 2 to the "Regulation for Electronic Information Exchange with Latvijas Banka ") shall be submitted to Latvijas Banka.
The Credit Register participants may exchange messages in the Credit Register interactively, in file format or in the form of web services.
Data can be submitted interactively online via the Credit Register website. In file format, data can be provided by sending each file individually (one by one) using the Credit Register website or by sending multiple files simultaneously using the file exchange service. Web services are designed to make requests about a person or person's obligations via participant applications. Requests only can be made via web services.
For the user to interact with the Credit Register, the user workstation shall meet certain requirements.
Monthly fee for using the Credit Register
Credit Register participants and Credit Register participants with restricted status shall pay Latvijas Banka a monthly fee for using the Credit Register. The monthly fee for using the Credit Register is determined at the end of the calendar half-year, taking into account the number of the data entries concerning the customer's obligations entered in the Credit Register by the Credit Register participant or restricted Credit Register participant, as well as the sum total of the actual outstanding amount and the off-balance sheet amount of the respective customer's obligations at the end of the current calendar half-year.
The monthly fee for using the Credit Register is as follows:
|The number of the customer's obligations of the Register participant or restricted Register participant||Monthly fee for using the Credit Register (in euro)*|
|From 1 to 100||5.00|
|From 101 to 200||8.00|
|From 201 to 1000||10.00|
|From 1001 to 3000||15.00|
|From 3001 to 10 000||25.00|
|From 10 001 to 30 000||70.00|
|From 30 001 to 70 000||100.00|
|From 70 001 to 110 000||150.00|
|From 110 001 to 130 000||250.00|
|From 130 001||280.00|
|The sum total of the actual outstanding amount and the off-balance sheet amount of the customer's obligations of the Register participant or restricted Register participant||Monthly fee for the use of the Register (in euro)*|
|From 0.01 euro to 45 000.00 euro||5.00|
|From 45 000.01 euro to 80 000.00 euro||10.00|
|From 80 000.01 euro to 150 000.00 euro||15.00|
|From 150 000.01 euro to 1 500 000.00 euro||20.00|
|From 1 500 000.01 euro to 15 000 000.00 euro||50.00|
|From 15 000 000.01 euro to 80 000 000.00 euro||100.00|
|From 80 000 000.01 euro to 150 000 000.00 euro||120.00|
|From 150 000 000.01 euro to 800 000 000.00 euro||300.00|
|From 800 000 000.01 euro to 1 500 000 000.00 euro||500.00|
|From 1 500 000 000.01||550.00|
* Value added tax is not applied pursuant to Paragraph 8, Section 3 of the Law "On Value Added Tax".