Publishing date: 12.03.2012.
The principal changes in the Bank of Latvia's assets and liabilities on the 29 February 2012 balance sheet as compared to 31 January 2012 and the reasons for these changes.
- An increase of 541.1 million lats or 16.1% in foreign assets mostly as a result of the Latvian government funds received in foreign currency from the issue of 5-year Eurobonds.
- A fall of 7.8 million lats or 22.6% in foreign liabilities mostly on account of a decrease in the funds deposited by the European Commission.
- A rise of 547.5 million lats or 29.3% in domestic liabilities mostly due to increases of 447.7 million lats or 56.5% and 106.1 million lats or 10.2% in the respective balances of Latvian government deposits and credit institution deposits, with the drop of 6.1 million lats or 19.5% in other financial institution deposits having a decreasing effect.
- The amount of lats in circulation decreased by 4.8 million lats or 0.4%.
- An increase of 6.2 million lats or 1.8% in capital and reserves predominantly on account of interest income received and the result of the revaluation of securities.
Bank of Latvia